I saw a lot even though I was only in Berlin for one day. To sum up my trip, here is what you can expect on your next trip to Berlin based on my observations:
1. People eat everywhere and all the time. It must be because everyone is really busy and they don’t have time to sit down for a normal meal. I saw a woman holding a carrot and getting onto the U-Bahn!
2. I never expected Berlin to have so many fast food restaurants- McDonald’s, Burger King, Dunkin’ Donuts, Pizza Hut, KFC…. I expected to see more high class restaurants.. Maybe I was just walking in all the wrong places..
3. Germans don’t really care if you’re a tourist or not. They just walk on and continue doing what they were doing until you interrupted them. I think it’s a good characteristic from a tourist’s perspective. I hate it when I’m in a different country or city and everyone keeps staring when I’m taking pictures in front of weird monuments.. In Germany I actually felt like a local.. (Many people stopped me to ask for directions!)
4. Germans are very proud of who they are and they love their country very much. But I think it’s pretty easy to integrate into their lifestyle. Overall, Germans are very nice people and whenever I stopped and asked for help, everyone answered kindly and helpfully.
5. The transport system in Berlin is amazing!! You can get anywhere from anywhere. If you are planning on visiting Berlin soon, note, that you can book a hotel even as far as 10 km from the center of the city. With the S-Bahn and U-Bahn being so great, you will be at the Brandenburg Gate within minutes!
Follow on facebook here.
Photos from trip to Berlin.